Tuesday 3 February 2009

Learning Literacies and Digital Natives -> digital literacies??

Those good folk at Glasgow Callie are doing some interesting stuff with their leaning literacies project LLiDA.
As well as gathering data about the student learning experience (see my previous blog about their paper digital natives myth or reality) they are busy at work
  1. collecting exemplars of best practice in supporting the development of learning literacies
  2. getting institutions to audit their current practice to gain a profile of current activities from a universities' perspective
I did get a bit confused by their email requesting snapshots of institutional practice - I was all ready to go out with the digital camera, and confess I was a bit disappointed to learn that they wanted words and explanations - but hey ho, that will teach me to read a little more deeply in future!

No comments: